Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Webcomic Recommendation

Ok so once a week I'm going to be recommending one of the webcomics I love to read and I start off with the brilliant Lackadaisy Cats by Tracy Butler.  I'm so excited I can't contain myself  :3
 The art in this comic is absolutely amazing and the attention to detail not only in character expressions but in historical context never ceases to amaze me.  The plotline is very good too and the characters are so endearing you'll almost wish you could see them in real life (from behind a glass cage at least, most of these characters are either insane, dangerous, or both and I love that about them). 





The comic is set in the 1927 prohibition period and the artist makes sure to get every detail right, from the cars to the bars everything really feels 1920.  The comic itself doesn't update that often (I'm sure it's due to the insane amount of work involved in each page) but there's plenty of artwork and side comics to keep yourself entertained in the gallery.  I highly highly recommend reading this comic.

Pros:
Extremely Detailed Artwork
Endearing Characters
Unique art style really delivers facial expressions
strong plotline
great gallery for extra comics, artwork, and backgrounds

Cons:
Doesn't update very often (like once or twice a month)

Overall this comic (as a webcomic) gets a 9.5/10 from me.  If published purely as a paperbound comic this would get a 10/10 from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment